Stephenson Burns Solicitors – Seminars for Probate Practitioners
Erin Research is proud to be sponsoring the upcoming Stephenson Burns probate seminar to be held on 16th April 2021.
The seminar will be the 39th such event held by principal Anne Stephenson, who is widely recognised across Ireland and beyond as a leading expert in all matters probate-related. Anne is a seasoned lecturer and imparts her knowledge to colleagues and students alike, teaching on and acting as an external examiner with the Law School at the Law Society of Ireland for trainee solicitors
Anne is a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners – the professional body for trust and estate practitioners worldwide), the Probate Committee of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, the Probate Administration and Trusts Committee of the Law Society of Ireland, and the Probate Liaison Committee (made up of representatives of the profession and of the Court Service involved with the Probate process). She is also a co-founder and vice president of Solicitors for the Elderly Ireland.
When not in everyday practice or teaching, Anne regularly contributes to the Law Society Gazette, the Parchment, and the Irish Tax Review, and is a co-author of the following Oxford University Press books
- Wills, Probate and Estates
- Capital Taxation For Solicitors
The successful and always highly anticipated Stephenson Solicitors’ Seminar series attracts large numbers of professional and institutional attendees to consider issues of interest in the field of Wills, Trusts, Capital Taxes, and Estate Law and Practice.
The 39th seminar will cover the following topics;
- Revenue Updates including DAC6 Mandatory Disclosure Regime for Cross-Border Transactions, Foster Care, S 84 exemptions
- What to do about Negative Interest on client accounts
- Drafting of Wills in light of Modern Families
- SA2 queries answered with handy precedent sheet
- Second/Third Relationships-are you sure you are family?
- Extracting the Grant in Second/Third Relationships
- CAT Thresholds : not as simple as A B or C
- Trustees Indemnity Insurance
- Are all children equal in the administration of the estate?
- When the Courts decide who is Family – DNA Testing- Declaration of parentage
Speakers on this occasion will include Anne Stephenson, Mark Bradshaw of the Revenue Commissioners, Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax, County Registrar Rita Considine, and Padraic Courtney of The Law Society.
Padraic Grennan, Managing Director of Erin Research said; “Anne Stephenson is recognised as an expert in probate and estate administration matters, and we at Erin Research are very pleased to be supporting Anne, Una and their colleagues on their 39th probate seminar. The longevity of the series is a testament to the esteem in which Anne is held by her peers and the probate community alike.”
For more details and to register, click here.